Monday, December 15, 2008

Round and Round and Round He Goes!

You may recall this very sad predicament (and photo) from Matt's Christmas party last year:


Liam was deemed "too small to ride" by the very authoritative Carousel Marshal. And clearly, he was bummed. This year he waited with bated breath (and a rice bar) to see if he'd make the cut:

After a strict warning to hold on tightly (a 17-month old?!) Liam was given the all clear to ride! In hindsight, I can understand why he was held back before. That is the fastest carousel I have EVER SEEN! As Matt and Liam whirled around at top speed I desperately tried to pick them out of the sea of cascading horses and snap some photos. I'd like to tell you this trippy photo effect was intentional....but not so much.....

And here is Liam demonstrating his version of "hold on tight" - known to the rest of the world as "Clap, clap! Whee, this is fun!"


But it wasn't all good times for Liam. You see, there was some business to take care of with Santa. Not too surprisingly, that went a little something like this:


On a second attempt Liam and Santa reached a long-armed understanding.

I think that's the best we can hope for this year!

2 comments:

nemrac said...

what happened to that kid's face in the pic where Liam is accepting a present?

Jen C said...

I think you need permission to publish a pic of someone else's kid. I have no idea who this kid is so I used a very advanced Microsoft Paint technique to "censor" his face! :P