Friday, June 10, 2011

The End of an Era

Fall/Winter 2006. Okay, maybe it was a little early, but we bought a crib shortly after the two little lines appeared. Turns out it was from a family just down the street from us. We walked it up the street to our house.

April 8, 2007. Liam's arrival was still more than 2 months away, but I couldn't wait to have the nursery ready. (I can't believe I rolled all the little washcloths just so they'd look pretty in a basket. I probably expected to keep it up, too!) I'm sure I pestered Matt for months to set up the crib, and it was finally done. Woo hoo for nesting! (Note the painters' tape still on the wall? We miss that pretty yellow paint, but there's no way Sarah will let us change the bubble gum pink now!)


Mojo senses his world is about to change:


January 3, 2008: Thar's a baby in that thar crib!


September 12, 2009: And another one!


May 21, 2010: Liam had an interim crib during the overlap, and then this:


June 9, 2011: Matt pulls out the tool box once more...


.....but this time he has "Helpers"!


They won't be fenced in any more...


Big changes, for Big Kids!





I was a little sad to see the crib go. But the kids are mighty proud of themselves, and I am proud of them. Best line of the night goes to Liam as he climbed up onto his new bed: "I can see the future from here!" Guess there's no need for a book after all!

No comments: