Friday, April 16, 2010

Backfired!

One of the great things about preschoolers is their fascination with everything they see, and their willingness to emulate it! (Okay, it's not always great.....) Earlier in the week we had some window washers here doing a spring clean on our windows. Liam thoroughly interviewed them about the job (as he does with gardeners, garbagemen, etc.), and now he not only talks about window washing non-stop, but he was anxious to try it out for himself. I saw this as an opportunity to get the bottom fifth of my windows and a kids' table cleaned, so I set him up with a squirt bottle full of water and a towel! It wasn't long before he realized the squirt bottle was the only job perk, and he recruited Sarah to do the grunt work with the towel......


Sarah started off doing an impressive job, but of course Liam went squirt crazy and was soon way ahead of her. With all that water pooling on the table she had no hope of catching up using the conventional towel method. So she improvised.....and my opportunistic plan backfired!


An Update on Project Bathtime: Day 3
I think I ended up with more water on me than Sarah did. She is not giving in without a fight...but neither am I!

No comments: