Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Tuesday Ten

So I've noticed the "Ten on Tuesday" concept floating around and thought it might serve as some blog fodder on an otherwise humdrum day. The concept is pretty simple: a list of 10 random points that are probably only relevant / interesting to me. Sure, it's a little self-absorbed, but I welcome any opportunity to blather on about my kids and post pics of them being cute...or otherwise! Let's try this, shall we?

1) We have an electrician coming to do some wiring this morning. For obvious reasons I need to get the kids out of the house.....Costco, consider yourself warned!

2) I took this picture of Sarah this morning. She was pooping. She has been waking up extra early and extra grouchy these days, so I feel justified in sharing that tidbit.


3) As I type I am scattering gluten free cereal on the floor to entertain Sarah. She prefers to eat off the floor or out of the seat of her high chair. Sometimes we put her high chair tray on the floor at dinnertime just so the rest of us can eat in (relative) peace.

4) Yesterday Liam told me he wants me to get hit by a bus and get hurt. I know he's 2. I know he had no idea what he was saying. I know what he really wanted was for me to find the penny he dropped in his car seat (while I was driving). But as soon as he was out of earshot I sobbed. And then I made lunch.

5) I'm going to book club tonight. I read the selection over 2 years ago in a postpartum fog, so I'm sure the book we'll be discussing is not exactly the same as the one I thought I read. ;)

6) Potty training is making leaps and bounds over here and Liam has conquered another milestone: the stand-up pee!

7) Made baked zucchini strips for the first time last night. I've never had them before. Are they supposed to be soggy?

8) I buy four types of milk when I go grocery shopping: Homogenized for Sarah, 2% for Matt, Skim for Me and Soy for Liam. My cart looks like I'm going to stock the fridge of a convenience store.

9) Liam calls orange seeds "pins".

10) By Liam's request, we are still singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer at bedtime. Who can resist when he's all snugged up in his footed pyjamas trying to reach the high notes on "historyyyyyyyyyyy!"

No comments: