Tuesday, February 9, 2010

10-fer Tuesday

1) I find it interesting that every holiday becomes a Super Big Deal (yes, with capitals!) as soon as there are preschoolers in the midst. I think it's just so that caregivers can squeeze every last drop out of the seasonal craft activities. And so the kids can squeeze every last drop out of the glitter pens.

2) We made some gluten free (and vegan!) carrot muffins last week. Our most successful foray into gf baking yet. Liam enjoyed them in both baked and not-so-baked form. :)


3) Guess what we lost - and found - on a recent stroll? Still can't keep those things on!


4) Sarah is getting her immunizations tomorrow morning: 1 in each arm, 1 in each leg. I'm wondering if I should take my 4 shots before or after I'm done pinning Sarah down for hers?

5) I'm pretty sure every little girl in his kindergarten class is going to have a crush on him:


6) The Olympics start in 3 days. The kids have been practicing their flag-waving. Liam has a few new lines (ok, words) of the anthem memorized. Go Team Canada!

7) In their first team effort, the kids have managed to destroy the first page of a brand new library book. They have access to scads of books every single day, and they have never torn a page. Go Team Destruction!..... sigh........

8) Liam is busting at the seams to try gum. I have no idea why he is so intrigued but he has asked me if he's big enough to have some gum every day for about a month now. I'm still trying to get him to spit the toothpaste in the sink when brushing his teeth....when he stops swallowing it I may consider a Gum Party.

9) Sarah ate some red jell-o tonight. It was her first introduction to gelatin and she thought all that wiggling on her tray was pretty hilarious. Lots of giggles...and even more stains!

10) I am training for the Sun Run with a group of other moms. We went for our first run today and based on past stroller experience and the mood with which he started the day, I was pretty sure Liam was going to be a brat. Out of 20 jogging strollers, 19 were filled with happy, napping babies. Not mine. Liam was belting out Raffi's "Must Be Santa" and Sarah screamed at Level 10 for 20 minutes until either Liam's singing or the motion of the stoller put her to sleep! Liam kept singing with one hand gently resting on her head.
Liam: 1 Sarah: 0 Mommy: 2 (Because I'm the Mom, that's why! I love saying that.....)

No comments: