Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Is There a Nicer Word for "Snot"?

If there is, do let me know. Because Matt and I have been living in a petri-dish with two sick kiddos the last few days. And because we don't particularly like the idea of Liam running around chanting "SNOT!" like he does with the word "poop" we are in search of a less giggle-worthy word. It's the elephant in the room. It's the caked-on blob on my neck. It's the curious sheen on the knee of my jeans. It's everywhere. Cold Season has arrived.


In other news, we unintentionally spent a good portion of the kids' incubation period at my Mom and Dad's little cabin in the woods. Sounds rustic? Not really! I would trade my kitchen for theirs in an instant. But it is a cabin nonetheless, and with that comes 3' ceiling, loft-style sleeping accommodations for the kids....which wouldn't be a problem if they weren't - ahem - snotting and barfing all night long. And if Matt and I were hobbits, I suppose. But they were, and we aren't, so it gave our little holiday a certain je ne sais quoi. Throw in some heavy rainfall and by day 3 there was some serious cabin fever to go along with the real fevers. By yesterday both the rain and the fevers had broken, so we ventured outdoors and headed for the hills.


Hard to tell here, but Liam was standing on top of a very large flat rock. Very safe and I was easily close enough to catch him if he were to take a running leap, but not wanting that to happen Matt and I said "Stand verrrrry still".....and he mustered up all his concentration to do just that!

One tough mama....


Nice view, but I'm pretty sure Liam is wiping his nose on Matt's jacket here....

No comments: