Sunday, May 3, 2009

On the Mend....

Hello out there! I know it's been a while but things have been a little off schedule as of late. Finally feels like we're starting to recover from a couple of things.
First, Matt's almost-3-week-long stint in China is OVER. We all survived - but for those of us on the home front that was only possible with an enormous amount of help from the kids' 4 very enthusiastic grandparents! I really can't thank them all enough for putting up with large doses of me and my tribe of sometimes not-so-cherubic children.
Second, upon Matt's return (and to really mess with his jet lag) all 4 of us got hit with a head cold. Super fun. Calling a "rest day" for a very active almost 2-year old is about as likely as Matt making a salad. So we've been packing up the tissues and hand sanitizer and heading out on a few open-air adventures in spite of it all....
Matt traded in China's Giant Pandas...


....for farm bunnies!


Goats...


Ice cream pails full of fingerling salmon....


A snake....


And this guy....


Of course Sarah was present for all of this, but altogether not interested. The goats, however, were plenty interested in her!


I promise I'll get a good picture of Sarah up here really soon. For now, it's late and you'll have to take me on my word that she's still super cute!
Tomorrow is Monday - a fresh start, and time for us to find our groove....whatever that looks like after this hiatus. Breathe in.....breathe out.....here we go!

No comments: