Monday, February 9, 2009

Snooze Button

There's a reason why Sarah is sleeping in nearly every photo you've seen. Don't be misled.
She will happily cuddle all day long and drift into the most peaceful slumber in my arms. She will sleep through the loudest of Liam's toys and tantrums. She will doze in the front carrier while I try to empty the dishwasher with one small person strapped to me and another holding onto my leg. But from the time I put her down I have just enough time to find the camera and snap about 3 frames before she figures out that she's not being held and the scene gets ugly.
I don't post those photos because I think she's a little angel and wouldn't want anyone to get the wrong impression about her. But I'm not going to delete them either, because one day I'll forget that it's frustrating to fold a basket of laundry one-handed and start thinking that I miss that newborn baby smell. So those pictures get filed away as a kind of Public Service Announcement to my future self, and the dreamy, peaceful baby shots find their way here. I particularly like this one for its optical illusion quality...who knew a head could comfortably rest that way?

Meanwhile, this little guy continues to find his inner comedian. When he's not making us laugh with one of his tricks, he's got himself in stitches for some unknown reason. I wish he'd let us in on the joke because it sounds like a good one!

No comments: