Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Next Time You See These Photos...

...will likely be on a Hockey Night in Canada segment profiling the #1 Draft Pick for the year 2025. I fully intend to be the mom that follows my kids around with a scrapbook full of baby pictures. That way I'll be prepared when the producers ask me to wax nostalgic about Liam's first goal in the Tiny Tots League. I may even share a little anecdote about the hilarious zamboni incident of 2014. Can't you see it now? Okay, you're right. But I'll hook them up with baby pictures.

This was the first time Liam and Matt watched hockey together, way back in 2007. (Notice the cartoon dog playing hockey on his shirt? I don't even think that was intentional!) Now we ask him "Do you want to watch hockey?" and he runs to the TV, hands us the remote, and starts clapping. He hasn't pledged allegiance to any one team yet, so he claps when they all score. Or when the lotto commercial with the kitten jumping in slow motion comes on.

Fast forward to Christmas 2008 when his Aunt Bridget sent him this pint-sized Calgary Flames hockey set. All other toys were cast aside for a game of shinny....

...which has evolved into a pre-breakfast practice each morning. Mojo has been recruited to play defence.


He even wears a helmet just like the pros (okay, it's a beach bucket) to catch up on the latest stats in the sports section.


So maybe he hasn't laced up a pair of skates yet, but I'm sure the kid is destined for greatness!

No comments: