Friday, March 27, 2009

"Hmmm....I see why people like these things......"


That's what I said as I took my first ever bite of peanut butter cup in an allergist's office this morning. And yes, I survived to blog about it. It's official: I AM NO LONGER ALLERGIC TO PEANUTS! I grew out of it. Guess that means I'm a big girl now. The verdict isn't in on tree nuts yet, but early results look like almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts are okay too. Cashews are big time trouble. And I shouldn't go around licking any cats either. As the doctor put it..."no good can come of that." Agreed.
So Merran - I know you're reading this - get ready for our taste test date! I've been thinking about this for many years. Here's what I've got to try:

Snickers
Peanut Buster Parfait
Ferrero Rocher
Rocky Road ice cream

If there are any other must-try suggestions let me know!
That was pretty exciting news for me this morning, but there's other good stuff happening around here too.
For example.....this little cutie found her inner giggle a couple days ago!


It kind of sounds like she's choking on a popcorn husk, but she's working on it. The only thing that makes her chuckle so far is watching Matt toss Liam up in the air. She may have some thrill-seeking tendencies.
Here is her "no, seriously" face.


And one more....


Don't you wish you could relax that much?
Liam is doing well too, with the exception of a traumatic event at our rec center's child care facility this week. The event? I left. He was so hysterical about that that they had to come and get me half-way through my Baby Belly Blast workout class. Truth be told, I was kind of glad. Not because he missed me....but because I was HURTING. Anyways, he was super clingy as soon as I returned but once the nice lady pulled out a sheet of stickers I was Inivisi-Mom. Apparently my son's affections can be bought with a little adhesive, which means I'll probably have to sweat it out for the whole class next week. Ouch.
There will be no pictures of Liam here today because he is in desparate need of a hair cut, and there is probably ketchup in it anyway. We'll get to both of those issues at some point this weekend and picture posting will resume shortly!

2 comments:

nemrac said...

omg! that's awesome to hear! oooh...i wanna be part of the taste test date too! you know jen, there's reese piece ice cream too ;p

sarah's looking more like you with each new pic!

Melissa said...

As a fellow nut allergy sufferer, I think you need to try peanut M&M's and Reese's Pieces! Oh and peanut butter on ever-so-slightly burnt toast. And peanut butter cookies. And Pad Thai with peanuts actually in it. Oh, and that peanut sauce that you can get with the salad rolls that have the prawns and noodles inside....